If constipation or bloating is plaguing you….
Nobody wants to talk about it, but your toilet habits can actually
say a lot about your overall health. Do you spend way too much
time in the loo or experience constipation, diarrhoea, abdominal
pain, bloating or flatulence? These symptoms can be a sign you
may have a functional gut disorder. It is important to ensure your
digestive function is top notch, as it impacts the health of your
whole body and how you feel each day. Your Practitioner can
help you get your gut health back on track. Simple additions to
your daily routine such as taking probiotics and/or prebiotics
can help return your gut to full health.
The Lowdown on Functional Gut Issues
How often you move your bowels can be an indicator of how
well your gut is functioning. While daily bowel motions are
ideal, having a slow transit time of less than three poos a
week is considered clinical constipation, while frequent, loose
stools may indicate diarrhoea. Follow on symptoms such as
pain, bloating, flatulence, and straining, feelings of incomplete
emptying, or even seeing undigested food, blood or mucus in
the toilet can all indicate a potential functional gut disorder, and
this needs to be managed effectively.
Why Do I Suffer This Way?
Diet, stress, and your past health history may all play a part
in the development of functional gut disorders. An imbalance
in the gut microbiota (bacteria and other organisms in the
gut), and irritation and inflammation from dietary or immune
triggers may lead to increased permeability in the gut lining
(leaky gut), exacerbating symptoms. You may even fit the
criteria for conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or
small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). See your natural
healthcare Practitioner to map out your symptoms, identify your
likely triggers, and assess whether a strain specific probiotic or
prebiotic is suited to your needs.
Probiotics and Prebiotics to the Rescue
Strain specific probiotics and prebiotic fibre can help promote
a healthy gut microbiota and relieve functional gut issues.
Probiotic, Lactobacillus plantarum 299v, and partially
hydrolysed guar gum (PHGG) help improve constipation,
bloating, pain and flatulence. These two ingredients have been
shown to improve motility (make it easier to poo) and ease the
associated symptoms of functional gut issues.
• PHGG: is a wonder fibre will help feed all of the health promoting friendly bacteria in your gut and increase short chain fatty acid production to support good bowel health.
• Lactobacillus plantarum 299v: If you have been diagnosed with IBS, then you may benefit from this specific strain that has been clinically trialled to relieve symptoms such as alternating diarrhoea and constipation, and severe abdominal pain.
Simple Ways to Avoid Constipation
Get your digestive system back on track with these easy tips:
- Include two serves of fruit and five serves of vegetables in
your daily diet, plus wholegrains, legumes, nuts and seeds.
This ensures you get adequate fibre to feed the gut bacteria
and help keep you regular.
- Eat 2 prunes at night time.
- Drink 2L of water daily. If you’re constipated, it helps moisten
- Exercise regularly; movement improves circulation to your
digestive tract to support healthy bowel function and keep
- Relax. Your bowel is a huge muscle. If you are stressed
and tense this can contribute to being constipated.
- Take strain specific probiotics and prebiotic fibre to
help promote a healthy gut microbiota and relieve
functional gut issues.
There is no need to struggle with annoying gut symptoms
anymore. Book an appointment today or call 0404096801 and discover how you can get your body to run like clockwork.